Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Unfortunately, the all the latest news has been bad.

My Aunt Darlese passed away last week from cancer-- she was 78. Her funeral mass and burial was Friday. The up side to this is that she's no longer suffering and that she would have been thrilled to see so many members of her family all together that day. I saw some cousins I hadn't seen in *many* years. It reminded me how blessed we are to have one another.

And, of course, the awful hurricane. Hurricane Katrina has devastated LA, MS, and AL. We are just beginning to grasp the level of destruction caused by this storm. I pray that all people will work together to help the survivors in any way they can. I can't imagine how a family would recover. Anyone who can afford to should certainly try to give to organizations who will assist in the recovery efforts. I'm off now to the American Red Cross website....

No comments: